Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Pushing yourself

This is good to do right? Right. But there are always limits. Some would say that it's good to push yourself beyond your limits. Some would say that if you do that you will end up vomiting infront of 22 people at 6:30 in the morning. Ok nobody would say that - unless that somebody you asked was me! That's what I did yesterday morning. It was horrible and talk about embarrassing!

I've just started a 10 Week Ultimate Body-Sculpting Challenge and yesterday was the first day - this involves torturous forms of intense exercise with your team of 22 every morning from 5:45am to 7am. I pushed myself well beyond my own limits which ended in much dizziness and vomit exploding from my mouth without warning. I clapped my hands around my mouth in an attempt to hold it all in, but no this doesn't work, it all sprayed out from between my fingers in different directions. It was much like putting your finger over a hose and watching it cover every thing in every direction in spray! Lordy, lordy, lordy did I feel ill, and foolish. My trainer had told me heaps throughout the workout to slow down and not go as hard, let my body get used to training again without killing it - I didn't listen so I spewed. Nice one.

So today was weights (it's alternate cardio and weights days) and I was determined not to hurl infront of all. I decided that I would ease back into it, I can't push myself like I used to, I've had a baby and haven't been doing this shit for ages (lets be completely honest I haven't been doing ANY shit for ages!) - so take it easy was the call. Did I do this? Well... ah... kinda. I probably wont be able to carry my baby tomorrow as I'll be so sore, I'll have to drag him around the house by his feet. The stairs will be a problem but I think we'll be fine! LOL I didn't take it easy and wow am I sore.

6 Comments:

Blogger jason said...

On the other hand, vomiting is a really good ab workout, especially dry heaves. :)

3:44 pm  
Blogger Saffron said...

LOL @ Jason - true!

Vibhor - thanks for the concern. That's the issue - I can't! hehe I'm sure the body will be fine, if not damned sore and in shock for a while!

1:13 pm  
Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Saffron! I just wanted to say thank you so much for your recent visit and compliments! Thank you for the kind words! Comments and visits like yours make this blogging really worth continuing! I love your shots of your little one! What a cutie! I also love the eternal love shot! Hope you are feeling better! I also have 2 little ones so I'm with you girl! Take care and thanks again! Bye from Texas! :)

4:11 pm  
Blogger Saffron said...

Hey Sandra - you're more than welcome! Enjoyed my visit and will be visiting again :) Thanks for that - yeah my boy is gorgeous!! hehe Of course I'd say that though wouldn't I? :)

9:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha-- just when I was thinking I was the only one who is torturing myself with what alternate cardio/ resistance training thing-- when I stumbled upon your blog! *LOL* Wish I gotta the time you have to exercise all day-- but I agree with Vibhor, don't ova-doit! Ur muscles need time to grow, they should at least be getting 12 to 24 hrs of rest before the next exercise after resistance training...

Do keep ur blog updated of the Body Sculpt Challenge thing. U have on avid follower of ur blog here now! =D

10:52 pm  
Blogger Saffron said...

Hey Battle Damsel - thanks for visiting! Nice to "meet" another mad one into self torture ;) I wish I had all day to train as well! Unfortunately it's once a day for me, first thing in the morning. Yeah the body gets the whole day and night to rest and recover before having to do it all again at the same time the following morning. Ta ta now :)

11:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home